Have hit a wall

Dialogue with Neale about The Only Thing That Matters
Pauline James

Have hit a wall

Postby Pauline James » August 12th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Hi Neale, greetings from Brisbane Australia, do you ever visit here and do seminars etc? I have your book conversations with god and meditations from conversations with god and read and re-read them all the time, they have helped me more times than I care to mention. This is me to a tee " I suggest that it is your judgements which keep you from joy, and your expectations which make you unhappy" but how to get out of this mind state and change, I feel that I have hit a wall and cant find no way over ,under or round. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

annaturecek

Re: Have hit a wall

Postby annaturecek » August 28th, 2010, 8:47 am

Instead of up, down, around, under etc. of the wall. . .
A suggestion is: through the wall.
Take care and I pray it gets better.

StuBoy

Postby StuBoy » August 28th, 2010, 9:04 am

Alternatively, if you've hit a wall - maybe this was a dead end! Reaching a dead end could mean you have to turn around and take a look at where you've been. Take a look at the road that led you here. Is there a turning back there? There, just past that tree, on the right? Do you see it?
People often say "Never look back." But, studying history is 'looking back' and it's a valuable thing to do. Learn from the mistakes of the past, revisit some of them if need be, retrace your steps. Then, find those turnings again, they were there the first time and they're still there. They might be a little overgrown, a little hidden maybe, but they're still there. One of them might just be the path you are supposed to travel down.
Maybe it's time to stop beating your head against the wall and turn around.
Good luck
Stu

sean k.

Postby sean k. » August 29th, 2010, 8:19 pm

I have found that in order to bring the wall down, it helps to admit that you built it for an reason. Finding is only saying that you were unaware of what it was you were doing. Like most of us have been doing, me especially. Therefore accept the possibility that may be you are giving your self an opportunity to re-create that which you already created. This actually shows active "conscious" participation, an very sincere attribute that says you are desiring to change.

paul6stewart

Postby paul6stewart » August 29th, 2010, 10:57 pm

I think that the way we look at things have a big bearing to how easy life is. I don't believe in walls. If we see something as a problem, it tends to be one. I say each day be god in a unique way. If you sit now and create a wall in your mind you will find that it is really nothing and you can change your mind and it is gone. If the energy of life is not opening up for you this way... there are plenty of other options.
It's not always possible to know all the whys. I say enjoy time with no thinking. Feel it.
I like to remember that being wonderful and free and feeling good is our more natural state. It has more power than over analysis. So even if we have things we want to evolve, clarify or work out, we should have a lot of our time in a positive state. There is no time pressure. Warm Regards..Paul

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 1st, 2010, 4:31 am

This is me to a tee " I suggest that it is your judgements which keep you from joy, and your expectations which make you unhappy" but how to get out of this mind state and change, I feel that I have hit a wall and cant find no way over ,under or round. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Alternatively, if you've hit a wall - maybe this was a dead end! Reaching a dead end could mean you have to turn around and take a look at where you've been. Take a look at the road that led you here. Is there a turning back there? There, just past that tree, on the right? Do you see it?
People often say "Never look back." But, studying history is 'looking back' and it's a valuable thing to do. Learn from the mistakes of the past, revisit some of them if need be, retrace your steps. Then, find those turnings again, they were there the first time and they're still there. They might be a little overgrown, a little hidden maybe, but they're still there. One of them might just be the path you are supposed to travel down.
Maybe it's time to stop beating your head against the wall and turn around.
Good luck
Stu

Good advice Stu!

I hit a wall a few years ago, which I thought was a dead end.
I was merrily going along my Pathway ignoring the potholes. When I decided to jump over them and did a detour into a ditch. The ditch was leading me into the past, which I was eager to revisit.
Bad mistake?
When I realised that I had gone completely off track, I was up to my ankles in mud.
I tried hard to get back on my original path. But I got completely lost for a time.
Eventually I had to go back and retrace both ditch and path.
I soon realised that I had completely walked by those turnings you are talking about Stu, the first time I passed them.
I reckon I was so busy looking at the green grass on the other side of the road and the rainbow with the pot of gold that I was oblivious to anything else.
Now I had to unearth the undergrowth and investigate all the turnings I had missed along the way.
The turnings lead into a very long lonely dark tunnel, so what was I to do? I was lost!

I wanted to go home so badly, I prayed.
When I thought I couldn’t go on any longer I saw a glimmer of light and I went for it.
You know what? I came out on the other side of that damned wall!

So now I realise, that the only thing that matters is that I walk in the light and study the path that I am travelling on. BE fully observant and realise that I’m not walking on this path alone. I can make my walk as hard or as easy as I like. Chat to other travellers and keep the ditches and tunnels clear for others like me. Hard lesson to learn, but it's been worth it.
A-D x

Joe

Postby Joe » February 16th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Hello Angel-Dance, and thanks for sharing this part of your Life with us.

To add to the wonderful suggestions here, I'd like to add that, if you like the 'Conversations with God' series, then you might find Neale's latest book ('When Everything Changes, Change Everything') a real help as you continue on your path.

The book brings together all the wisdom of the CwG cosmology into a highly effective tool-kit for conscious-living that balances what Neale calls the 'Mechanics of the Mind' with 'The System of the Soul'.

The book is supported by its own website, with a team of reader response team of Spiritual Helpers from around the world who have now helped over 11,000 people who have come to the site facing walls, road-blocks, and major Life change.

As one of the Spiritual Helpers there, I can tell you that the community Neale has set-up there is one of the most transformational places on the Internet today - as this site will be one day too.

If you wish to visit the site and reach-out for emotional and spiritual support, you can find it here: http://www.changingchange.net

The site is completely free, and includes a 'Book Reader' where you can read the whole WECCE book, and even ask for further clarification about the text.

I think that this site would be a great addtional resource for you as you seek to communicate with 'fellow travelers', stay clear of the 'ditches and 'tunnels' on your path, and remain in the moment-to-moment knowing that you're not alone.

With Love and Blessings,
Joe
: )

(Site Moderator)

Return to “What Matters Most to You”