can we continue?

Dialogue with Neale about The Only Thing That Matters
Moreconnections

can we continue?

Postby Moreconnections » September 26th, 2010, 2:56 am

Interesting that a recent member fghi406 feels that the only thing that matters is selling stuff. Isn't that though the point of this group? She/he isn't interested apparently in discussions of why selling things really matters. Their focus obviously matters to them so who am I to judge or feel ill at ease with this focus.

Another group member Cobalt posted what he/she felt was a statement important to them on all the topics at the time. I post various thoughts that I feel might be of interest to consider. Every post anyone makes to some degree is a statement of what matters to them as otherwise they wouldn't make the post.

In the past I've experienced in other groups and clubs where one person's focus pretty much shuts down the interaction. Is that going to happen here? How about we Bless whatever matters to another and not let it affect what matters to us.

Peace,
Michael

servaas

Re: can we continue?

Postby servaas » September 27th, 2010, 2:21 am

Dear Michael,

It's sad that people tend to feel themselves at home enough to tell us about fake watches, but I could not agree more as you say "can we continue?"

Shall we?

Have a wonderful day,

Servaas

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 27th, 2010, 7:15 am

Hi Every one!

In the past I've experienced in other groups and clubs where one person's focus pretty much shuts down the interaction. Is that going to happen here? How about we Bless whatever matters to another and not let it affect what matters to us.

Oh I so agree with you guy's, I was looking forward to learning something new here before I went on holiday.

So let's agree that "The only thing that Matters" here to-day is that we make the most of this opportunity to start a fresh.

So I will start this discussion by asking "What Matters most to you in your life today and Why?

A-D x

mindchild

Postby mindchild » September 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm

My 20 year old graduated last week from the college he attended and is home now for good :). It is quite comforting to hear him rustling around upstairs in his bedroom. :) I am grateful for his safe return. Why does this matter to me?
Because I am finding more and more each day that our relationships and how loving we interact is the only thing that matters!

Lisa

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 28th, 2010, 1:17 am

My 20 year old graduated last week from the college he attended and is home now for good . It is quite comforting to hear him rustling around upstairs in his bedroom. I am grateful for his safe return. Why does this matter to me?
Because I am finding more and more each day that our relationships and how loving we interact is the only thing that matters!

I am finding out the same thing too Lisa. :) I met my Son yesterday for lunch and that was all that "Mattered to me Yesterday".
We have had a very turbulant relationship in the past and the family doesn't agree on his life choices. I am just so very grateful and happy to see him alive and still on the planet that the past doesn't matter a jot. I have learnt over time that it's what happens to-day that really matter's. I realise after a lot of heart ache, that I'm not here to make his choices for him. He has to walk his path and me mine and as long as we love each other and can keep in contact that is all that matters!

Have a great day!
A-D x

mindchild

Postby mindchild » September 28th, 2010, 7:38 am

Your words ring so very true for me as well! My son and I had a very turbulent relationship when he was about 11-17 years
old. His father died when he was 5 and for the most part it was just me and him. I was a very passionate mother towards
him. Both negatively and positively. We are both very stubborn and free sprited! I have come to realize the
free-spiritedness I cherish in myself is the same as in him and I need to honor that. That is when our whole relationship changed. A few years ago I decided to step back and allow him to make his mistakes and stop trying to navigate his life for him. He's made some doozies in the last few years and all I can really do is hug him, tell him I love him and let him cry on my shoulders. Sometimes that is enough. I am still working on how to express my disappointment in some of his choices, in a positive way. I think he does value my opinion on things and I hope as he matures and understands some of the cause and effect in his life, our relationship will move even deeper. For now "mama bird" is welcoming her son back to the nest to recharge and figure out what his next "creation" in his life will be. He is very excited to start a new career and he even mentioned to me last night that he wants to join our local volunteer fire dept. It gave me a warm feeling :)
I have given him a few of my Deepak Chopra audiobooks to listen to but he doesn't seem ready yet. His girlfriend is reading CWG 1 now. His girlfriend and I are going to Neale's seminar in October! I am so excited!

Lisa

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 28th, 2010, 12:47 pm

Oh isn't it hard bringing children up on your own Lisa, especially when you can see your negative aspects looking back at you through their eye's?
Your Son is so lucky that he has you to lean on and a nice girlfriend that will contemplate reading CWG!
My children used to joke that I had joined a cult when I started to read it :roll: Anything with God in the title freaked them out and they thought I was going to join the God squad and start taking them to Church.
I left my books out for both of them to read but they never picked them up, so I thought I had better start practicing what I was reading and 15 years on my daughter has just started a college course after work in Metaphysics and Philosophy.
I must have done something right! She joked the other day that she was turning into me. I did apologise to her :lol: but she paid me the nicest complement and said If she turned out like me she would be well pleased.
I think that is the nicest thing she could have ever said to me, I was really shocked!

Any way, I do hope you enjoy the seminar and you must post here and tell us all about it. I am betting it will be fantastic and a wonderful experience for you both.

A-D x

Moreconnections

Postby Moreconnections » September 29th, 2010, 5:37 am

Hi,

The talk about our kids and attempting to share with them certain insights and deeper feelings can be very frustrating for sure. When I first read CWG in mid 97 I was very exited at what I felt were its potentials to help Waken the world. I wanted to pass on the word to everyone I cared about. I bought many copies and sent them out to family and friends. I was a zealot. Eventually I understood I was really not that much different than anyone who proselytized a faith/belief.

Then I started to understand the energy dynamics of why people do that. Part is ego and part is a sincere belief that doing this would really help another. Finally I started to move into the place where I understood each persons process was Perfect for them in their Now. Once this happened I eased up in my interactions with others. I understood my kids when their time was right may decide to consider such things but then again they may not and that's OK. I started to go the exposure route through how I thought and acted. If someone was interested in the changes I made that was great but if not that was great too. I lived a couple of the invitations of CWG. No-thing matters and all that Is is Perfect.

Extrapolating from these two ideas I explored further the idea of complete and absolute Trust. I also started to explore the concept of neutrality. Was thinking of writing a book titled The Grand Neutrality.

My 31 y/o daughter Danielle has in only that last 3-4 months come to the understanding that I might have something worthwhile to share. My 26 y/o son Logan seems to be moving in that direction too. For many years they thought of me as kind of a nutty Dad. They were primarily raised by their Mom and she too along with other family members thought I was simply too far out there......LOL This was especially true when I lived alone on 40 acres in rural Wisconsin for 8+ years.

I understand their processes and Bless those. Isn't that really all one can do?

Peace with Love,
Michael

Return to “What Matters Most to You”