Happier than God

Dialogue with Neale about The Only Thing That Matters
mindchild

Happier than God

Postby mindchild » September 27th, 2010, 4:15 am

I am reading Neale's book "Happier than God". It is basically on the Law of Attraction. I have read many other books on this topic. "the Moses Code" from James Twyman, Manifest you Destiny from Wayne Dyer, among others. Interestingly I have not read "the Secret" and probably won't since I have no desire to. Anyway. From what I am learning is that you have to "feel" you already "have" that which you seek and need to keep this feeling in you at all times since the universe is constantly "on" and you will attract whatever your focus is at any given moment. I have gone back and forth about this subject. I get the concept that you need to keep a focus on what you want, my confusion comes from other concepts that say you should practice detachment from the outcome. How do I focus on "being" what I want and still maintain detachment from the outcome? Am I confusing the whole concept? I kind of think it can become an obsession if I don't proceed in the correct way. Any thoughts or opinions on the Law of Attraction?

Thanks,
Lisa

Angel-Dance

Re: Happier than God

Postby Angel-Dance » September 27th, 2010, 1:55 pm

Hi Lisa,

I too have read a lot about The Law of Attraction. The idea behind it makes sense to me (if you believe that you knew about it before you were born etc).
I don't think you are confused at all, the concept is just very hard to understand as no one can be expected to think and feel positive all of the time. I too got a bit obsessed when I tried to study it, because I wanted so much for it to work for me. But I eventually realised that I was wasting my time as it made me more negitive than positive and I got frustrated and disapointed so I gave up.

I think Neales explanation made it a whole lot clearer to me in "Happier than God" Chapter 19. So now I just try and look at the facts of what is going on in my life and decide how I am going to react to them. Then I try and remember who I am and then try and recreate myself in the grandest version of the greatest vision I hold about myself. This works for me most of the time, it's just my work in practice. :)
Hope this helps?

A-D x

mindchild

Postby mindchild » September 27th, 2010, 3:45 pm

I have not gotten to chapter 19 yet! lol! I am just a baby in my "awakening" I really only started to pay attention to a deeper reality last year, so I go back and forth between being peaceful and being neurotic about all the "New Age" information I am absorbed in at the moment. It is quite exciting though and I do see "magical" things happening before me everyday! I am loving my adventure!

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 28th, 2010, 1:31 am

Oh well if you are just a Baby Lisa I'm not much far a head of you, I assure you :lol: It's taken me 15 yrs to get this far and I spend most of my time re visiting the places I have been and putting things right. At this rate I will just have got the hang of it when it is time to leave! :roll: But now that I have learnt that I am making it all up, I am quite enjoying it. 8-)

A-D x

Return to “What Matters Most to You”