GRATEFUL TO FIND THIS TODAY

Dialogue with Neale about The Only Thing That Matters
debdanilow

GRATEFUL TO FIND THIS TODAY

Postby debdanilow » August 12th, 2010, 10:21 am

How wonderful to find this site today! Saw the information on Facebook and immediately came over...
I loved the other posts, in particular the post from someone who has been 'rebirthed' before and is in another rebirthing process again, still searching. It reminds me of my own situation.
I am 62yrs, single and in real estate. What does that mean..ha ha ha ... not a lot!
I have 25yrs of sobriety, and have studied metaphysics most of my life.
I have experienced the death of one life and the rebirth of another over a dozen times in this incarnation.
I am not beyond being puzzled and having my emotions overtake me, even now.
I am currently studying with Barbara Martin (Change your Aura change your Life) and it is a fascinating study of deliberate use of divine light meditation. If anything, it has made me very aware this reality is NOT the only operative in my life. Even so, knowing such, I still find myself frustrated and sorrowful.
I have sometimes felt it is just a karmic passage, old sorrow resolving from lifetimes, but some days I just want to be able to feel JOY again. I think I have lost sight of my purpose, and possibly my concept of God is, once again, changing dramatically.
This is Neale here...You say you think you have "lost sight of your purpose." What WAS your purpose? (The one you lost sight of)? And what IS your "concept of God"? Let's talk turkey here. Let's get down to specifics.
I would say my purpose is to experience God and to share the love and joy I have inside with others. I have known long periods of deep spiritual connection inside and fulfillment and happiness as a result. In the past few years, I have become embroiled in my work like a 'rat on a wheel' not taking time for myself because I am afraid I will not be able to meet my responsibilities if I don't work all the time. So I have 'flatlined' myself. My concept of God? I mention it is changing because it has been a long road for me in that department. I was brought up in a southern baptist home with a violent alcoholic. I came to believe if I did not meet the expectations others had of me that "God would GET ME". It took some time to let go of that vengeful score keeping God and come to believe God is loving and cares for me. Thinking about this maybe I should throw out all of my concepts and just start experiencing God? I also had a lot of expectations I placed upon God, somewhat like a candy store friend who would supply my own expectations in turn.
I have my own home, five furry babies, and still oversee the care of my 100yr mother. This year's market is a challenge and I am frustrated and am allowing myself to take it all personally. Need I say I possibly have a perfection defect? Ha
Most days, I would like to just 'walk out of this life' and into another one. If you did, you would have missed the whole point of your having come here to this one in the first place. But nothing is changing and I seem overwhelmed by the minute details of the responsibility on my plate. I 'feel' as if I am in an endless cycle of working and paying bills with no room to breathe and it isn't working anymore. I hear you. You can expand that cycle, however. You can include more in your life. Talk to me. What are you doing to help spread the New Spirituality? Do you have one night a month, or two? What are you doing to 'play'? Do you go bowling? Dancing? To a movie now and then? And how much time are you spending on The Only Thing That Matters? For that matter, what IS the only thing that matters, in your opinion? Talk to me.
I truly believe the only thing that matters is my spiritual evolution. That involves a lot of things I know but I believe my spiritual path is what matters. It does seem rather dichotomous at this point because I have to work to earn a living and I seem to have little time for the things I love as a result which makes me somewhat angry. I would love to attend your workshop in Oregon and I love to travel and attend other such studies but it takes money. I have the basic 'nut' which must be maintained PRIOR to getting to do anything else..you know the drill..mortgage, utilities, taxes...and I feel I am supporting everything except myself.
Thank you Neale for creating this forum and being the DIVINE LIGHT on Gaia...we need so much of it in this moment on earth.....
Blessings and Peace to all....
Last edited by debdanilow on August 13th, 2010, 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sunmoonstars

Re: GRATEFUL TO FIND THIS TODAY

Postby sunmoonstars » August 12th, 2010, 10:41 am

I just read your post, you wrote that you felt you were in a endless cycle of work and paying bills, that hit home to me. I am 50 and single and I have a small business and work part time elsewhere (for the health insurance). I am an artist and a photographer, I love what I do. I have everything I need, I am happy and enjoy every little thing....my animals, my garden, the silence...I am happy but also... it feels like I am stuck . I think it has something to do with money and work..... mostly money. I am not fond of it. But I need it.
Money (and all good things in life) should come to you effortlessly. How or why are you "stuck" around money if you love what you do and have everything you need? Am I missing something here? Are you feeling "stuck" because you want MORE than you "need", and do not have enough money for it? Where is the "stuckness"? Talk to me. Hugs...neale. ;) [color=#BF00BF][color=#BF00BF][color=#BF8000]Hmmm.... "Money and the good things in life should come effortlessly"?? Hmmm....Not sure what my problem is. I guess its hard to turn art and beauty into money....I don't want it to be changed in to money, to put a price on it??? It bothers me. I would give it away if I didn't need the money. Giving it away makes me feel better about it. I don't want for anything except to pay my bills, house, utilities ect. I don't know what my problem is really...except I have no goals or dreams, I just get up and love what I do but I don't know why or what I should be doing really. Does this make sense? No![/color][/color][/color]
Last edited by sunmoonstars on August 13th, 2010, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

JDS2007

Postby JDS2007 » August 12th, 2010, 11:42 am

Hello! I am a 30 year old mother of one in a nice comfortable job close to my home. I have everything a I could possible need, but I feel stuck. My situation is my baby father and I have separated about a year ago but we still live together. This has been one of the hardest things I have lived through. Why we are still under the same roof?? He refuses to leave for his reasons, and I haven't been able to fing a job close to my family so I can move out. Stuck becuse I still love him. Seeing the movie and reading CWG has helped me so much in changing my ego, my thoughts, my actions, etc. Thank you NEAL!!! But I'm at a point where I want to move out because I don't see us going no where as a couple or familyany time soon. But I also wish we could forgive each other and get back together and stop living this weird way of living. He says he has feelings for me still and he has changed alot. We both have changed. We actually have conversations now, before it was mostly arguments. But do I leave as soon as I find a job and start a new life or do I stay here and see how much progress we've done how much more we could do. I don't know. I don't what matters most.
My dear, you need couple's counseling immediately. You two have to decide, right now, two things: (A) Do we want to stay together, returning to our former status as a Committed Couple? (B) Do we think we have the ability to change sufficiently to produce that outcome...and are we willing to seek help, as, for instance, with a Counselor or Life Coach, in order to work through this moment and produce the outcome we desire? If the answer to either of the questions above is "no," my advice to you would be to get out of that house immediately. Find a way. Where there is a Will, there is a Way. You do not think there is a way because you do not want to leave. That is clear. Answer the questions above, and then proceed accordingly. If you would like information on personal Spiritual Life Coaching, let me know. I send you love and hugs....neale.

DJ46818

Postby DJ46818 » August 12th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Wow...I am so very excited about this forum! How blessed are we that we do not have to wait to share our "life experiences"?

A very dear friend introduced me to CWG and I have read the first 3 books and "When Everything Changes, Change Everything". I have also read Eckhard Tolle's "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". Just recently I have been reading and am almost finished with Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat Pray Love". I am a Al Anon-ic and began practicing the program shortly after I left my husband of 21 years. He was not my only qualifier and is still andactive drinker, along with his new wife. We do have 3 teen boys, but he cannot find it within himself to be civil with me to co-parent our children. I know that it is part of his "dis-ease" and I still struggle with my own co-dependent/enabling issues...but HEY, I have 43 years of habits to "unlearn", so I will give myself a break.

I am constantly amazed at just how inter-woven all the readings I have done are! Each book, each reading is a few pieces of yarn and they are coming together to make the most beautiful cloth! Although there are a few differences (which I attribute to perception) they all have the same base feel of love, light, and how God resides in each and every one of us.

I find similar pangs of pain, or loss as the other "postee's". But I've come to embrace the knowledge and Idea that these hurt feelings will be felt to the same degree of happiness. I cannot realize true happiness without experiencing true sadness. I cannot appreciate light without experiencing dark. It's all very ying/yang. But I have come to know that these experiences are NOT a definition of "Who I Am" but clues that will help me remember and know "Who I Am".

I will tell you that I am very young in my spiritual quest, and what is hard for me is that what I KNOW is not yet being realized by me. I KNOW that bliss is in me and that I am in it at all times, but why do I not let myself experience it? Its like fresh bread baking...I can smell it. I can almost taste it. My mouth waters for it, but I won't allow myself to eat it. Why won't I, when I know it's good for me and I will be far better for it? What makes me hang on so very desperately to who I thought I was? Why do I keep throwing myself into outer, chaotic edges of the Tilt-o-whirl called life when I know God (peace, serenity, bliss, joy, love, light) resides in the hub or center? I want so badly to be in that center because it's safe and beautiful there. How do I get to that perfect center when I when I KNOW that what I'm doing now is the hardest, scariest part?
The next step for you may be something more interactive than reading books. Books are good, but go only so far. Seek out a good Counselor or Life Coach. Take a look at the growth programs that are out there and available to you. I, myself, am offering one this October...called THE PURPOSE. It helps you to find and express your life purpose. Information about it can be found on this weksbite in the Mission statement. There are many other wonderful growth programs out there as well. At the very least, take a look at the CWG ONLINE SCHOOL, two days a week in the Messenger's Forum at www.nealedonaldwalsch.com

Is there a New Thought church in your city? If so, get to it! Every weekend if you can. You are right on the verge of Breakthrough. Take the next step. Reach out and use the resources that Life has placed at your disposal! I send you tons of hugs...neale.

BellaG

Postby BellaG » August 28th, 2010, 11:27 am

"Most days, I would like to just 'walk out of this life' and into another one."

I cannot tell you how many times I have had this very same thought, although.. not the "into another one" part. I sometimes wonder WHY I have these thoughts. It is interesting to know that I am not alone.

When I have these thoughts, I try to remind myself that I came here for a purpose and that I do not believe I have yet fullfilled that purpose.

I also remind myself that the pressures of this world are only of this world and apparently a part of the experience I desired. So in each instance of "oh my I want to leave" I try to find out what it is that causes me to feel that way and look at it from all angles.

The good news is that I'm still here. :) Though at times, I still wonder why.
I'm just Me.

servaas

Postby servaas » September 27th, 2010, 2:25 am

I own a real watch. Casio. $16 from walmart.

Can we continue now?

Have a wonderful day,

Servaas

Angel-Dance

Postby Angel-Dance » September 30th, 2010, 10:40 am

Hi Servass,

I have ben trying to answer your PM, not having any luck with it this end as it won't let me send. But I will keep on trying.

A-D x

Return to “What Matters Most to You”